Monday, June 26, 2017

Sense of Self

Notice the radio silence on the blog these last few weeks? That’s because I made a huge, major, ginormous, life decision. 

I quit my job, 

my 9-5. I am no longer a “square,” as my best friend and entrepreneur extraordinaire once called me. My last day is this Friday and I am nervous as all get out. I am going to be staying home with my two children and working on my Mother-in-Law’s antique business with her. But that isn’t all I will be doing. I will be working on the concept of “me.” 

Truth

 Since becoming a mother, I have lost the identity of being Emily. It isn’t something to be disappointed in, but absolutely not something to be ignored either. Truth be told, I really like me. 
  • I like that I am a cheerleader for my friends. 
  • I like that I have a creative urge that needs to be nurtured regularly. 
  • I like that I hold grudges, but encourage forgiveness to my friends. 
  • I like that I feel spiritual when I am nourishing my body properly. 
  • I like that my friends are confident in my wine selections and will come to me for recommendations. 

Ultimately, I want to be ME again. I don’t want to be my business title. I don’t want to be “mom,” “wife,” “friend,” or “daughter.” I want to be EMILY again. 

As author Danielle Laporte puts it, “Love yourself like you life depends on it. Because it does.”

I intend to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment