Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Drink of the Summer: Sassy Water

The first time I had this refreshing beverage was Summer 2007. My goodness, it's been a decade! My mother had made it during one of my visits home and I was hooked. It may have been the name at the time. This was the beginning of this infused water craze! 

Now I crave it every year at the beginning of the summer. As soon as it heats up outside, and the nights are not nearly as cool, the ingredients start calling to me in the grocery store. The recipe came from the Flat Belly Diet, but I don't really adhere to it. I use what I have, and add fun things when the occasion calls for it! I just so happened to have ginger in my freezer - did you know you could freeze ginger?


Ingredients


  • 1 Organic Cucumber, peeled & sliced
  • 1 Lemon sliced (I peel mine because I don't like the bitter rind flavor - but that's totally your call)
  • 1 Grip of Mint Leaves - try growing your own! Mint is like a weed! 
  • 1 Tsp of Freshly Grated Ginger

Add that to a pitcher, add water, and let it soak overnight in the fridge. 

You are supposed to drink the whole pitcher in a day if you are looking for the flat belly. But, I just fill up my Nalgene and go! I continue to drink water throughout the day, not just the 32 oz of Sassy Water.


Now, you are curious about the additions, right? 

  • Coconut water - extra potassium and hydration
  • La Croix (Citrus flavor) - the fun fizzy bubbles make it a great poolside drink
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - More digestive benefits 

This is a seriously refreshing drink. If you drink the whole pitcher in a day, you will absolutely be hydrated, which helps with bloating. Also, I use the concoction of ingredients twice. After I fill up my glass or Nalgene, I refill the pitcher and let it soak again throughout the day.

Do you infuse your water to make it more interesting or just go with old reliable? 


For more information on the actual Flat Belly Diet's Sassy Water, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment