Friday, April 14, 2017

Easter Sunday


My eldest son is more excited for Easter than he was for Christmas this year. Maybe it is the search for the eggs, or copious amounts of chocolate? It's the latter for me, personally. We don't do a lot for Easter usually, but we will be dying eggs tomorrow. The biggest preparation I did was buy my eggs a week in advance because, supposedly, "old" eggs peel better. We are also hosting a brunch with our friends and their children and I can't wait! Bring on the mimosas!


When the boys get older, and I have a little more time to devote to the process, I would like to try my hand at dying the eggs naturally. Some of the dying options include using turmeric, onion skins, purple cabbage, spinach, and more. Most of this good stuff can be found in one's pantry or refrigerator. As for this year, I will be using the old food dye and vinegar method. What plans do you have? Have you ever dyed Easter eggs naturally? I would love to hear all about it!
  • Here's a great article on dying eggs naturally.
  • I love the colors of these ones,
  • and here are a few examples of how people stamp them naturally too!
  • Also! Have you heard of EggNots? They are a great vegan alternative- ceramic eggs that can be dyed too! 

Aren't they amazing?

Have a wonderful weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment